Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Future is in the Hands of Children

Have you seen children lately? They are bombarded with so much responsibility. I feel sorry for children who don't even know what childhood is about. Or maybe it is I who doesn't know. I had plenty of time to play, observe, explore, and take my time growing up when I was a child. Why can't my children have that sort of experience?
It is now the responsibility of children to:
- stay away from sex offenders and drug dealers (Why would a 12 year old be a drug addict?)
- grow up without:
parents because their parents are too busy working
schools because their schools are shutting down
playgrounds or music in their lives because we don't have money to give them these "luxuries"
- take charge of the mess that we are leaving behind whether it is pollution or an aging population

Remind me again, why exactly do we keep having children?

No comments:

Post a Comment